Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yankees fans get gipped with ticket sales

Today I would like to talk more about the organization and the Yankees fans, rather than the team itself. This year it has been a pain in the ass to get tickets with the opening of the new stadium. Of course we all know the point of the new stadium is solely to make more money for the organization...but I didn't think it was to screw over some of the fans. Previously, my brother and I had season tickets in the bleachers (and sometimes in the upper deck) that were reasonably priced. This year that is NOT the case!

Previously, I would walk be able to go up to the ticket office with $35 and walk away with seven tickets to seven games.

Now they charge online fees!! It's such a scam!! 35 bucks wouldn't even get me one of these tickets! It is also mandatory at first to order them online-it's so stupid. All the $5 discount games are gone, as well. All other discount games are no longer in existence either, for example specials for seniors or veterans.

The decent seats have gone WAY UP in price and the good seats even more so.
There are also seats with obstructed views. I would never pay for that!!!!!

I used to see families at the stadium on $5 nights. Five people would pay $25 and now they would have to pay $150 for the SAME SEATS

As far as the bleachers, they have been pushed even farther back in the outfield.

I don't see the point of the new stadium OR any fan who actually wanted it. The old one was historic and just fine the way it was. Problem is, the money hungry organization wanted to make more money-MORE MONEY!! How selfish and greedy can you get.

Despite all of this, I remain loyal to the team, but this just disgusts me. The fans don't deserve this...

1 comment:

  1. Money, money, money thats all it is about and it sucks, I kick myself constantly never being able to see a game at yankee stadium. I was truly hoping to change that this season, but the prices are ridiculous. It is hard to just let it be because money and the overprotectiveness of my family is what truly held me back from just saying i want to go to a game. Now the family isn't a prob but the money REALLY is smh. It's not bad to support from home i guess

    ReplyDelete